This hall was opened on 26th May 1916 and closed on 21st August 1957.
The photograph was taken in the 1920s and pictured left to right are:
Brother Yeoman, Sister Mrs Barnes, Captain Middlemiss, Lieutenant Scrivener, Brother Eric Barnes.
The original location was at City Road next to the Fire Station (probably where this photograph was taken), but later moved to 115 Highgate opposite the Roslyn Post Office in that group of businesses in the ‘island’ surrounded by Taieri Road, Highgate and the cable car tracks.
When the hall was closed, members would have gone to either the Dunedin North Salvation Army (at the Gardens area) or to The Salvation Army Fortress in Dowling Street.
(Original Article by Alan Gilchrist)